The Rancho Cordova Campus is a 130,000 sf tenant improvement which relocated over 1,000 employees from different facilities into two existing office buildings. This design-build project was broken into three phases (two office phases and a full-service café phase). Blue Shield desired the design to reflect a more modern office look and feel than was previously used in their company’s offices. Williams + Paddon responded with a fresh, modern office design which included new workstations and offices, focus rooms, open office conferencing, upgraded training facilities, fitness center and hoteling spaces for visiting staff. The response from Blue Shield to the new look and feel was incredibly positive. DesCor provided pre-con and construction services w/design-build MEP.
“I sincerely appreciate all of your efforts to make this happen smoothly. I am fortunate that we had the right team to get the job done.”
– Ellen Gehrlich, Project Manager | Pilot Management
“Thank you doesn’t say it well enough – the effort has been herculean. I’m so proud of this team, not only the workmanship but the personal accountability you have all taken over the project.”
– Helena Hoffman, CFM, Senior Manager | Blue Shield of CA
- The customer’s involvement, including the owner’s representative, allowed for a very efficient decision making process.
- Utilized technology to save time and enhance communication.
- Pulling the MEP & FP Design Team on early through a competitive process was critical for value analysis and constructability input.
- Established a GMP off of schematic drawings and were able to stay within the aggressive budget.
- A collaborative preconstruction approach allowed for no cost increases beyond the project budget.
- Broke the project site into multiple quadrants to sequence trades efficiently through the project.
- Split single scopes between multiple subcontractors to meet the accelerated completion date.
- Successfully incorporated the customer’s vendors (furniture, hardware, etc.) into the team for a seamless fit-up and occupancy.
- Only six months from the start of design, through permitting and construction to occupancy.
- The outcome of the product, from the design, the LED lighting, the color schemes, the functionality of the space and the quality of the workmanship has resulted in an extremely satisfied end user for the customer.
|Rancho Cordova, CA
|Total Square Footage
|Williams + Paddon Architects + Planners