Designed around a ‘partnering approach,’ DesCor provided professional Construction Management services in the areas of facilitating planning, design and construction expertise and was continuously involved from conceptual design through construction.
The scope of work involved complete interior renovation of an existing 35,600 SF, two-story building including a large community room, multiple conference rooms, debriefing room, interrogation and observation rooms, processing and laboratory, evidence storage, records, fire arm storage and check-out, combined private offices and open office areas, a work-out facility including men’s and women’s locker rooms, a break room, and new cool and energy efficient HVAC equipment, as well as, sitework and landscaping. A portion of a 6,000 SF existing, one-story, office-warehouse building, located behind the police department, was renovated to provide an automotive maintenance garage and covered car wash.
“DesCor provided fantastic leadership through design and construction resulting in a highly functioning facility and successful outcome. Their staff was very professional and responsive to concerns, was attentive, and expeditiously accommodated requests.”
– Lieutenant Marc Fontes, Assistant Chief | Rancho Cordova Police Department
Key Sustainable features contributing to LEED Silver ID & C Certification:
- Location was a key factor in obtaining significant sustainable sites credits, including its community connectivity and its proximity to public transportation.
- 40% reduction in potable water use.
- 20% reduction in lighting power.
- Construction waste management greater than 75% diversion from landfill.
- Obtained over 10 and 20% of regional materials and recycled content, respectively.
- Use of low emitting materials in all categories, including: adhesives and sealants, paints and coatings, flooring systems, composite wood and Agrifiber, systems furniture.
- Implemented lighting controls system and multifunction occupant controls.
- HVAC system was designed to meet the ASHRAE 55-2004 for thermal comfort.
Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) methods used to ensure successful project construction and LEED implementation:
- Clear design intent, early identification of sustainable features and knowledge of owner expectations.
- Integrated and frequent designer and contractor meetings.
- Field verification of documentation and installation of all elements of construction.
|Location||Rancho Cordova, CA|
|Total Square Footage||35,600|
|Architect||Calpo Hom & Dong Architects|